Over the past few years, I’ve continued to tweak and adjust my granola recipe. Sarah recently asked me for a ginger and pecan version and enjoyed the opportunity to make some adjustments.
- Rolled Oats -- 400g
- Pecans -- 2 Handfuls
- Coconut Flakes -- 2 Handfuls
- Olive Oil -- 6 Table Spoons
- Honey -- 6 Table Spoons
- Candied Ginger -- 2 Handfuls
I find this makes roughly two weeks of granola; adjust quantities to your own tastes and needs.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250ºF.
- Crunch the coconut flakes and pecans into smaller, irregular pieces by hand.
- Combine the oats, nuts, and coconut flakes and spread them evenly over a baking tray.
- Mix the honey and olive oil in a bowl until you have a uniform syrup.
- Pour the honey and olive oil mix evenly over the oats, nuts, and coconut flakes.
- Using a spatula, ensure an even coating of honey and oil.
- Bake for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning every 20 minutes, breaking up larger chunks when they form.
- Allow the granola to cool and then mix in the candied ginger.